Councillors' views - Ian Crossland
Read the latest City Limits Magazine column by Councillor Ian Crossland.
2.5% Rate Increase
This article appears in City Limits magazine - Issue 52 - August 2016.
I am pleased to report that I was instrumental in securing the lowest rate increase in over 15 years. Delivering better value and lower rates will continue to be a priority. Government cost shifting will be an ongoing challenge. The government is introducing a 50% increase to waste levies over four years as well as delegated responsibility for the enforcement of the Environmental Protection Act. In addition, Housing SA are continuing to transition homes to community agencies who, by state legislation, pay reduced council rates or no rates at all. This is grossly unfair to our residents who have no choice but to pay for these additional charges.
- Good news! The Reserve Street dog park at Trott Park dog park has been completed. The official opening will be held at 11.30am on Sunday, 4 September.
- The construction of the Glade Crescent wetland is underway. It is estimated that works will be completed in September.
- Replacement of stormwater infrastructure will soon commence at Hallett Cove foreshore paving the way for future work along the foreshore.
- We continue to motivate all parties connected with the development of the Cement Hill site. Progress should be announced soon.
- The Marino Community Garden at Newland Reserve is up and running. Thank you to residents and staff who worked tirelessly to get this project completed. If you would like to become a member please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris Teale on 0404 896 844
Councillor Ian Crossland
City Limits Magazine
The City Limits Magazine is a community publication that keeps Marion residents in touch with what is happening in their community. It includes information about major projects, council initiatives and events, as well as profiles of community members.
It is published three times a year and distributed to 40,000 residents and businesses in the Marion Council area.