Councillors' views - Janet Byram
Read the latest City Limits Magazine column by Councillor Janet Byram.
This article appears in City Limits magazine - Issue 52 - August 2016.
Well 2016 has been a very busy year with many things accomplished but many more still to do.
- Our first official dog park in City of Marion will open on Sunday, 4 September
- The BMX Club feasibility study has finished and I am pleased with this historic joint venture between the State Government, and Onkaparinga and Marion councils. This $3.5Million project will see a world class BMX facility built on Majors Road and will bring millions of dollars into the local communities for both councils. This will be commenced this financial year.
- Facilities for parks within Southern Hills has been a high priority for me since becoming a councillor. Our Ward had the least facilities of all the wards within Marion but now we are making headway on improving this situation.
- Over the next three years, a further three public toilets will be installed at Reserve St Reserve, Trott Park, Cadell Reserve, Seaview Downs and Hugh Johnson Reserve, Sheidow Park.
- Playground facilities and the irrigation of reserves are projects we are looking into
I am pleased that as a team the councillors from Coastal Ward and Southern Hills are working together on facilities in the south. The revamp of the Hallett Cove Beach area is underway and will be staged over several years.
I encourage residents to check out all the activities available at Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre, Cove Civic Centre and Cove Sports and Community Centre.
Councillor Janet Byram
City Limits Magazine
The City Limits Magazine is a community publication that keeps Marion residents in touch with what is happening in their community. It includes information about major projects, council initiatives and events, as well as profiles of community members.
It is published three times a year and distributed to 40,000 residents and businesses in the Marion Council area.