Glandore Community Centre
What are you looking for on this page?
- Contact details
- School holiday programs
- Current newsletter
- Join our mailing list
- Fitness and recreation
- Facilities for hire
- Glandore Community Centre garden
- Adult Community Education
- Social support for people with a disability
The centre offers a range of social educational programs, including computing, literacy & numeracy, fitness, woodwork, cooking, art, gardening, conversation, men’s social, community lunches and well-being programs.
Download the current newsletter & timetable for further information on times, days, dates and upcoming events:
School holiday programs
Glandore Community Centre has several exciting programs that happen duing the school holidays.
Join our mailing list
Join our mailing list to receive regular newsletters and/or information on a wide range of programs and services.
- Complete the online mailing list registration form
- Alternatively, you can print the Neighbourhood Centre Mailing List Register Form(172 kb) and return to us via one of the following methods:
Fax: (08) 8375 6699
Post: PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046
In Person: 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047
Fitness and recreation
Come and try a class from the exciting array of exercise we have on offer including:
- Body Moves
- Community garden
- Computer tuition
- Disability groups
- Kids art
- Reading group
- Social groups
- Walking group
Cost, times and availability are listed in the current newsletter.
Facilities for hire
Various historical building and rooms are available for hire for any type of function or group at reasonable rates.
Glandore Community Centre Garden
The City of Marion recognises that community gardens contribute to the wellbeing of communities and provide diverse health, social, environmental and cultural benefits. In particular:
- Community gardens have the potential to connect communities, build friendships and provide a recreation and educational resource for all age groups.
- Community gardens enable people to pursue horticultural activities in an urban environment and can be particularly valuable in medium and higher density areas where people may have limited garden space.
- Community gardens provide an opportunity to grow food in an environmentally sustainable way and contribute to addressing food security.
The community centre is home to a community garden. Classes are run monthly on various topics and the garden is open every Tuesday for working bees and a chat. A woodfired pizza day is ran on the first Tuesday of each month with booking essential.
Adult Community Education
Adult Community Education (ACE) provides adults with a wide range of non-formal, accredited learning opportunities.
Adult Community Education assists participants to:
- Learn new skills
- Connect with people in their local community
- Create pathways to further education, training, employment and volunteering
Download the current program for further information on times, days and start dates.
Social support for people with a disability
We offer social groups for adults with a disability. Meet new people and enjoy fun activities and outings in a relaxed, friendly and inclusive environment.
Please contact the centre for more information about our current programs on offer.
The centre is accessible for wheelchairs.
Chess @ Glandore Community Centre
Start Date: 10/10/2016
Guitar Lessons @ Glandore Community Centre
Start Date: 20/10/2016
Mosaic Class @ Glandore Community Centre
Start Date: 21/10/2016
Artistic Celebration @ Glandore Community Centre
Start Date: 02/12/2016
Carols in the Park @ Glandore Community Centre
Start Date: 07/12/2016