Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre (Outdoor Pool)
Come and enjoy our outdoor swimming pool in Marion!
What are you looking for?
- Contact details
- Opening hours
- Latest news and events
- Admission prices
- Swimming lessons
- Inflatable Obstacle course
- Birthday parties
The Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre is a premier, open air, swimming facility set in grassed and shady grounds and located in the heart of Marion.
The outdoor pool offers aquatic summertime fun and relaxation for everyone.
Natural shade from more than 30 mature Chinese Elms as well as attractive shade cloth over smaller pools and surrounds make the Marion pool a pleasant, care-free respite even on the hottest of days.
Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre features a variety of outdoor facilities for all the family, while qualified supervision and friendly staff ensure a safe, relaxed, recreational experience for all.
So come for a visit to Marion's pool this summer season!
2016/2017 season: 4 October 2016 to 2 April 2017.
- Monday to Friday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Public Holidays: 11:00am - 5:00pm
All subject to change
Patrons are reminded to check the Events Calender at the Marion Swimming Centre for times when the centre may be closed to the public.
Summer season open - The Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre is currently open for the summer season. We look forward to seeing you soon for a visit.
Upcoming events - Pool closure or limited availability
- 8-9 December 2016: End of school activities - Entire centre closed 9.30am-2.30pm
- 12 - 16 December 2016: End of school activities - Entire centre closed 9.30am-2.30pm
- 25 December 2016: Closed - Christmas day
- 26 December 2016: Christmas day observance - Open 11am-5pm
- 27 December 2016: Proclamation day - Open 11am-5pm
- 1 January 2017: New Years Day - Open 11am-5pm
- 2 January 2017: New Years Day observance - Open 11am-5pm
- 3 - 6 January 2017: SA Vacswim 2017 - Water safety program - Very limited space available 8.45am-1pm - Toddler pool + one lap lane + waterslide.
- 9 - 11 January 2017: SA Vacswim 2017 - Water safety program - Very limited space available 8.45am-1pm - Toddler pool + one lap lane + waterslide.
- 26 January 2017: Australia Day - Open 11am-5pm
Swim School Term 4 - Enrolments commenced on Tuesday 4 October. Classes commenced on Monday 17 October 2016. Phone or walk in bookings are welcome. Find out more about swimming lessons.
VACSWIM 2017 - Enrol now. The program runs 3 - 11 January 2017. Find out more about Vacswim.
|Child (under 4 years)||FREE|
|Child (4 - 14 years)||$5.60|
|Adult Multi Visit Pass (10 visits)||$61.50|
|Adult Multi Visit Pass (30 visits)||$171.70|
|Concession Multi Visit Pass (10 visits)||$49.50|
|Concession Multi Visit Pass (30 visits)||$139.00|
|Season pass (Adult)||$425.00|
|Season Pass (Family)||$950.00|
|Season Pass (Child)||$328.00|
|VACSWIM enrolment - from||$68.00|
|Activity Pass - Waterslide OR Inflatable Obstacle Course (10 uses)||$7.70|
|Swim club entry||$4.90|
|Aqua fitness class||$9.70|
|Aqua fitness class Concession||$8.20|
|Aqua Fitness Class 10 Visit Pass||$87.30|
|Aqua Fitness Class Concession 10 Visit Pass||$73.80|
|Aqua Fitness Class Member||$2.40|
|Birthday party (games only)||$16.50|
|Birthday food - optional extra||$6.70|
|Locker all-day hire - from||$3.00|
2016/2017 swim school swimming lesson prices
|Swim lessons - Pay as you go per lesson||$19.50|
|Swim lessons - Paid up front per lesson||$16.90|
Marion Swimming Centre has a 50m, eight-lane, heated Olympic Pool offering plenty of space to cool off as well as a top class training venue for the serious competition or lap swimmer.
The grounds are flood lit so that the cool water and grassy surrounds can still be enjoyed on those hot summer evenings.
Learner and toddler pools
The Marion outdoor pool also offers two smaller pools, which are heated, fully shaded and offer a sun-safe respite for younger children and toddlers.
A free barbecue set in a tree studded, grassed area allows patrons to prepare meals and make a day of it when they visit the pool.
A fully stocked kiosk offers a wide range of hot and cold food and drinks at competitive prices.
A lift system gives patrons with physical disabilities the chance to enjoy a cooling dip in the Olympic Pool. Disabled access to change rooms and toilet facilities means all users can enjoy the Marion Swimming Centre.
Lockers and change rooms
Lockers can be hired for a small charge and patrons have free use of clean, well maintained change rooms with hot and cold showers.
Access to Marion Swimming Centre is easy - with 155 carparking spaces and parking for buses and motorbikes. Bike racks have also been conveniently installed near the entrance to the pool.
Patrons are reminded that:
- The entire centre is a smoke free area.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
- Children under ten years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under five years must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
Term 4 of swim school has now started with swimming lessons commencing on Monday 17 October.
We have swimming lessons for children as young as three years old through to adult lessons. There are two terms which are inline with the school terms.
- Term 4: mid-October to mid-December.
- Term 1: late January to late March.
Small class sizes: maximum of four students for levels 1 - 4 and six students for level 5 - 6.
Class duration: 30 minutes (Levels 1 - 4) and 45 minutes (Level 5 - 6).
When: Monday to Thursday, 4pm to 6pm, and Saturdays, 9am to 12pm.
Cost: Option 1: $152.00 - pay up front for a 9 week term ($16.90 per lesson).
Option 2: $19.50 - pay as you go per lesson.
The centre also offers adult beginner and fitness lessons.
When: Wednesday nights, 6pm - 6.45pm.
Cost: $19.50 per class.
SA Water VACSWIM SA is a South Australian Government supported initiative which provides primary school aged children with opportunities to develop a range of skills and positive experiences in the areas of water safety, confidence and competence in the water, personal survival activities and basic aquatic emergency procedures.
The Marion Swimming Centre offers a Royal Life Saving Society Swim and Survive (Levels 1 - 7) program.
Download our VACSWIM 2017 Registration Form(242 kb) and return to the centre.
* Please note: Full payment fee needs to be made prior to confirmation of booking.
* There are limited positions in each level and time-slot, so we encourage early registration to get your first preference.
Visit the SA Water VACSWIM SA website for more information and navigate to the Program Information menu then the Providers and Programs page to find out what is included in each lesson under the Royal Life Saving Society section.
Looking for something to help strengthen your core, improve fitness or recover from injury?
Deep water aquarobics is a great way to improve your fitness. It is a 'zero impact' exercise program that uses the resistance of the water to give you the work out. You can adjust your intensity of the activity to suit your fitness level or injury.
With the help of floatation belts, participants will float, suspended, with their heads comfortably clear of the water surface.
- Every Sunday morning 8.30am
- Wednesday evening 6.15pm and 7.15pm
- Casual adult pass: $9.70
- Casual concession pass: $8.20
- 10 visit aqua pass: $87.30
- 10 visit concession aqua pass: $73.80
Each session runs for 45 minutes with a qualified instructor.
Bookings are required as there are limited places in the class available.
The Marion outdoor pool offers a waterslide which is 70m long and full of fun!
The tower rises up to a 10m platform, where users ride through a 15m enclosed tunnel with spectacular translucent colour bands. The tunnel rounds the corner and changes to an anti-clockwise downward spiral of open air slide for the remainder of the ride. The ride concludes when the rider splashes in to the run-out trough.
Hours of operation:
Weekends: Open 10.30am - 4pm
Weekdays: Open 4pm - 6pm if weather forecast is above 27c.
Every day of the holidays we will open the slide from 10.30am - 4pm. During hot weather periods these times may be extended.
View the below video of the waterslide in action!
Waterslide conditions of use:
- Riders need to be a minimum of 1.2m tall to ride by themselves.
- Children under the 1.2m height restriction are allowed to ride with an adult (16yrs+). Minimum age of users is 2 years old.
- No tandem rides (except for the above mentioned).
- Feet first. No riding on stomach or knees.
- No jewellery, watches, glasses, shoes, pool toys.
- People with pre-existing medical injury or illness are not allowed to use the waterslide.
- Adults taking small children on the waterslide are required to hold on to that child the entire length of the slide.
- Persons not adhering to the rules and directions of staff will be refused access to the ride.
For best results when riding the slide, here are some tips that can improve your speed.
- Bare skin is best. Less friction. We have found long board shorts and some rash vests may cause people to slow/stop whilst riding the slide. Either remove or pull rash vest up to shoulders just before sliding.
- Getting body weight forward. Leaning forward in seating position. Try and reach yours toes. Or sit with feet close in and knees out wide. Lean forward.
- Lay down. Ride on your feet and shoulder blades. Raise your bottom off the slide. Hands behind your head.
- Do not try and twist and turn around. You will lose momentum.
- If you find yourself going too fast, sit up and place one hand on the side of the slide. Spread legs wide.
- Adults riding with children never let go of the child whilst riding the waterslide, as that may cause injury to both of you when you collide at the bottom of the slide.
The 'Crazy Race' is a 18 metre long inflatable obstacle course that operates in the deep half of the main pool.
It is quite challenging with several types of obstacles including a tricky zig-zag section, tarzan rope and slide. It is designed to be very challenging tesing out your balance, agility and fitness.
Users need to prove they are at least 120cm tall and can comfortably swim 20m. They will then receive a wrist band allowing them access to the Crazy Race. Users also need to purchase a 10 ride pass from reception or kiosk. The 10 ride pass can be used for both the Crazy Race and the waterslide. The pass does not have an expiry, so if there are unused rides they can be redeemed on your next visit.
The Crazy Race will operate school holidays and weekends subject to weather and other factors. Call the centre to check if it is scheduled to open.
Non-swimmers with floatation aids or parental assistance will not be allowed on the Crazy Race.
Hours of operation:
School holidays: 12noon to 3pm when the weather forecast is for a daily temperature of 32 C or greater and the wind speed does not exceed 18km/hr.
Want to celebrate a birthday at the Marion swimming pool? Let the centre take care of your child's birthday party with aquatic games and catering in a fun, healthy environment.
For bookings, phone the centre on 8276 4939.
The presence of qualified personnel at all times provides peace of mind and ensures the safety and welfare of pool users.
Marion Swimming Centre participates in the Aquatic industries water safety program (Watch Around Water) promoting supervision by the primary carers of young children.
Children under 5 years:
- Must be constantly supervised by a responsible person (parent or carer)
- Must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person
- Must remain within arms reach at all times in the water
Children under 10 years:
- Must be constantly supervised by a responsible person (parent or carer)
- Must be within clear view with no physical or structural barriers between you and the child
A child of limited swimming ability regardless of age using a floatation device must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person at all time.
Swimming clubs and fitness coaching
Marion Masters Swim Club offer the following swim sessions with a qualified coach:
- Monday 9.30am - 10.30
- Tuesday 6pm - 7.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am - 10.30am & 6pm - 7.30pm
- Saturday 8.30am - 10am
A variety of clubs and associations enjoy the excellent facilities at Marion Swimming Centre including:
- Meteors Triathlon Club
- Marion Masters Swim Club
- Henley and Grange Swimming Club
For more information, phone the centre on 8276 4939.