Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre (Outdoor Pool)
Come and enjoy our outdoor swimming pool in Marion!
The Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre is a premier, open air, swimming facility set in grassed and shady grounds and located in the heart of Marion.
The outdoor pool offers aquatic summertime fun and relaxation for everyone.
Natural shade from more than 30 mature Chinese Elms as well as attractive shade cloth over smaller pools and surrounds make the Marion pool a pleasant, care-free respite even on the hottest of days.
Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre features a variety of outdoor facilities for all the family, while qualified supervision and friendly staff ensure a safe, relaxed, recreational experience for all.
So come for a visit to Marion's pool this summer season!
Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre
(Corner Hendrie Street)
Park Holme SA 5043
Phone: 8276 4939
Fax: 8374 0386
Like us on Facebook!
CLOSED FOR WINTER
2016/2017 season: 4 October 2016 to 9 April 2017.
- Monday to Friday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Public Holidays: 11:00am - 5:00pm
All subject to change
Patrons are reminded to check the Events Calender at the Marion Swimming Centre for times when the centre may be closed to the public.
The Marion Outdoor Swimming Centre is currently closed for the winter season. It will reopen on 4 October 2016.
2016/2017 admission prices
|Child (under 4 years)||FREE|
|Child (4 - 14 years)||$5.60|
|Adult Multi Visit Pass (10 visits)||$61.50|
|Adult Multi Visit Pass (30 visits)||$171.70|
|Concession Multi Visit Pass (10 visits)||$49.50|
|Concession Multi Visit Pass (30 visits)||$139.00|
|Season pass (Adult)||$425.00|
|Season Pass (Family)||$950.00|
|Season Pass (Child)||$328.00|
|Vac Swim pass||TBA|
|Activity Pass - Waterslide OR Inflatable Obstacle Course (10 uses)||$7.70|
|Swim club entry||$4.90|
|Aqua fitness class||$9.70|
|Aqua fitness class Concession||$8.20|
|Aqua Fitness Class 10 Visit Pass||$87.30|
|Aqua Fitness Class Concession 10 Visit Pass||$73.80|
|Aqua Fitness Class Member||$2.40|
|Birthday party (games only)||$16.50|
|Birthday food - optional extra||$6.70|
2015/2016 Hire Charges
|Lane Hire - regular user lane hire
per hour (excluding entry fee)
|Lane Hire - casual user lane hire
per hour (excluding entry fee)
|Lane Hire - Peak Rate - Single Lane Hire Only (including admission)||$30.00|
|Lane Hire - Offpeak Rate - Single lane Hire Only (including admission)||$25.50|
|Lane Hire - Multiple Lane Hire - Per Lane (including admission)||$25.50|
|Hourly Rate - all 8 lanes Main Pool only (normal operating hours)||$210.00|
|Hourly Rate - Learner's Pool (normal operating hours)||$90.00|
|Hourly Rate - Toddler's Pool 9normal operating hours)||$55.00|
|Term Time 45 minutes - DECD only||$2.80|
|Term Time 90 minutes - DECD only||$3.40|
|Carnivals and Picnics - Main Pool only (3 hours)||$605.00|
|Carnivals and Picnics - All Pools Normal Operating Hours (3 hours)||$1055.00|
|After hours All Pools (hourly rate)||$220.00|
|Additional Lifeguards - 1 per 100 swimmers above 250 (hourly rate)||$56.50|
|Waterslide Hire (hourly rate)||$90.00|
|Inflatable Obstacle Course Hire (per hire - min 2 hours)||$90.00|
|Leisure Carnival - Extra Staff - 1 per 75 people above 250 (hourly rate)||$55.00|
|Swim Lessons - Pay as you go per lesson||$19.50|
|Swim Lessons - Paid up front per lesson||$16.90|
Patrons are reminded that:
- The entire centre is a smoke free area.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
- Children under ten years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under five years must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
Marion Swimming Centre has a full size, eight-lane, heated Olympic Pool offering plenty of space to cool off as well as a top class training venue for the serious competition or lap swimmer.
The grounds are flood lit so that the cool water and grassy surrounds can still be enjoyed on those hot summer evenings.
Learner and toddler pools
The Marion outdoor pool also offers two smaller pools, which are heated, fully shaded and offer a sun-safe respite for younger children and toddlers.
The presence of qualified personnel at all times provides peace of mind and ensures the safety and welfare of pool users.
Marion Swimming Centre participates in the Aquatic industries water safety program (Watch Around Water) promoting supervision by the primary carers of young children.
Children under 5 years:
- Must be constantly supervised by a responsible person (parent or carer)
- Must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person
- Must remain within arms reach at all times in the water
Children under 10 years:
- Must be constantly supervised by a responsible person (parent or carer)
- Must be within clear view with no physical or structural barriers between you and the child
A child of limited swimming ability regardless of age using a floatation device must be accompanied in the water by a responsible person at all time.
Our new slide is 70m long. The tower rises up to a 10m platform, where users ride through a 15m enclosed tunnel with spectacular translucent colour bands. The tunnel rounds the corner and changes to a anti-clockwise downward spiral of open air slide for the remainder of the ride. The ride concludes when the rider splashes in to the run-out trough.
Hours of operation
Weekends: Open 10.30am - 4pm
Weekdays: Open 4pm - 6pm if weather forecast is above 27c.
Every day of the holidays we will open the slide from 10.30am - 4pm. During hot weather periods these times may be extended.
Conditions of use
- Riders need to be a minimum of 1.2m tall to ride by themselves.
- Children under the 1.2m height restriction are allowed to ride with an adult (16yrs+). Minimum age of users is 2 years old.
- No tandem rides (except for the above mentioned).
- Feet first. No riding on stomach or knees.
- No jewellery, watches, glasses, shoes, pool toys.
- People with pre-existing medical injury or illness are not allowed to use the waterslide.
- Adults taking small children on the waterslide are required to hold on to that child the entire length of the slide.
- Persons not adhering to the rules and directions of staff will be refused access to the ride.
Some riders are experiencing some mixed results when riding our slide. For best results here are some tips that can improve your speed on our slide.
- Bare skin is best. Less friction. We have found long board shorts and some rash vests may cause people to slow/stop whilst riding the slide. Either remove or pull rash vest up to shoulders just before sliding.
- Getting body weight forward. Leaning forward in seating position. Try and reach yours toes. Or sit with feet close in and knees out wide. Lean forward.
- Lay down. Ride on your feet and shoulder blades. Raise your bottom off the slide. Hands behind your head.
- Do not try and twist and turn around. You will lose momentum.
- If you find yourself going too fast, sit up and place one hand on the side of the slide. Spread legs wide.
- Adults riding with children never let go of the child whilst riding the waterslide, as that may cause injury to both of you when you collide at the bottom of the slide.
Inflatable obstacle course - Crazy Race
The 'Crazy Race' is a 18 metre long inflatable obstacle course that operates in the deep half of the main pool.
It is quite challenging with several types of obstacles including a tricky zig-zag section, tarzan rope and slide. It is designed to be very challenging tesing out your balance, agility and fitness.
Users need to prove they are at least 120cm tall and can comfortably swim 20m. They will then receive a wrist band allowing them access to the Crazy Race. Users also need to purchase a 10 ride pass from reception or kiosk. The 10 ride pass can be used for both the Crazy Race and the waterslide. The pass does not have an expiry, so if there are unused rides they can be redeemed on your next visit.
The Crazy Race will operate school holidays and weekends subject to weather and other factors. Call the centre to check if it is scheduled to open.
Non-swimmers with floatation aids or parental assistance will not be allowed on the Crazy Race.
School Holidays: 12noon to 3pm when the weather forecast is for a daily temperature of 32 C or greater and the wind speed does not exceed 18km/hr.
We have swimming lessons for children as young as three years old through to adult lessons. There are two terms which are inline with the school terms. Term 4 : mid-October through to mid-December. Term 1: late January to late march.
Small class sizes: a maximum of four students for levels 1 - 4 and six students for level 5 - 6.
Class duration: 30 minutes (Levels 1 - 4) and 45 minutes (Level 5 - 6)
When: Monday to Thursday 4pm to 6pm and Saturdays 9am to 12pm
Cost: Option 1. $152.10 for 9 week term
Option 2. $19.50 for pay as you go.
Our next term is Term 4 which begins Monday 17 October 2016
Adult Beginner and Adult Fitness Wednesday nights 6pm - 6.45pm $19.50 per class
Aquarobics (deep water)
Looking for something to help strengthen your core, improve fitness or recover from injury?
Deep water aquarobics is a great way to improve your fitness. It is a 'Zero Impact' exercise program that uses the resistance of the water to give you the work out. You can adjust your intensity of the activity to suit your fitness level or injury.
With the help of floatation belts, participants will float, suspended, with their heads comfortably clear of the water surface.
- Every Sunday morning 8.30am
- Wednesday evening 6.15pm and 7.15pm
- Casual adult pass: $9.70
- Casual concession pass: $8.20
- 10 visit aqua pass: $87.30
- 10 visit concession aqua pass: $73.80 Each session runs for 45 minutes with a qualified instructor.
Bookings are required as there are limited places in the class available.
Want to celebrate a birthday at the Marion swimming pool? Let the centre take care of your child's birthday party with aquatic games and catering in a fun, healthy environment. For bookings phone the centre on 8276 4939.
A free BBQ set in a tree studded, grassed area allows patrons to prepare meals and make a day of it when they visit the pool.
A fully stocked kiosk offers a wide range of hot and cold food and drinks at competitive prices.
A unique lift system gives patrons with physical disabilities the chance to enjoy a cooling dip in the Olympic Pool. Disabled access to change rooms and toilet facilities means all users can enjoy the Marion Swimming Centre.
Lockers and change rooms
Lockers can be hired for a small charge and patrons have free use of clean, well maintained change rooms with hot and cold showers.
Swim fitness coaching
Marion Masters Swim Club offer the following swim sessions with a qualified coach:
- Monday 9.30am - 10.30
- Tuesday 6pm - 7.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am - 10.30am & 6pm - 7.30pm
- Saturday 8.30am - 10am
A variety of clubs and associations enjoy the excellent facilities at Marion Swimming Centre including:
- Meteors Triathalon Club
- Marion Masters Swim Club
- Henley and Grange Swimming Club
For more information, phone the centre on 8276 4939.
Access to Marion Swimming Centre is easy - with 155 carparking spaces and parking for buses and motorbikes. Bike racks have also been conveniently installed near the entrance to the pool.
Patrons are reminded to check the Events Calender (available from the Marion Swimming Centre) for times when the centre may be closed to the public.