HYPA Geared2Drive program
We are trialling a Geared2Drive program to assist residents who are financially challenged and socially isolated to learn to drive.
Attention Learner Drivers!
- Do you need assistance to get your driving hours?
- Geared2Drive can help you to reach your required supervised hours to be able to sit for your P’s!
HYPA’s Geared2Drive program is coming to Marion and we are now looking for participants.
Council has committed to funding the trial of the Geared2Drive program to assist residents who are financially challenged and socially isolated to learn to drive.
The program aims to remove barriers for residents to gain their licences, having positive impacts on our local economy and society broadly with a reduction in social isolation, greater community connections and achievement towards our community vision – Towards 2040.
The Geared2Drive learner driver mentor program allows people without support the ability to gain their licence.
Running from the City of Marion Administration Building on Sturt Road, learner drivers are partnered with a volunteer mentor to assist them in meeting the mandatory 75 hours of supervised driving required to get their P’s.
Are you eligible?
- 16 to 25 years old, or a new-arrival to Australia of any age.
- Hold an Australian Learners Permit.
- Have no other means of access to a supervising driver.
- Have completed 5 professional driving lessons (one within the last 3 months).
- Have a Driving Checklist completed by a professional driving school.
Want to know more?
To find out more, contact:
Marina or Meriki
Phone: 8405 8540