Councillors' views - Janet Byram
Read the latest City Limits Magazine column by Councillor Janet Byram.
Thank you to all who commented on my last column, it’s helpful to know what I should write about, so I’m continuing the theme of what a councillor does.
- General council meetings 2nd / 4th Tuesday - the public are welcome.
- Elected member forums 1st / 3rd Tuesday – briefings/ discussions on many matters.
- Committees operating 2016:(committees consist of 3 councillors and an independent member):
- People and Culture
- Urban Planning
- Infrastructure (which I’m thrilled to be chairing)
- Finance and Audit ( 2 councillors, 3 independent members)
- Liaison – we all have liaison roles and mine are RSL clubs, Seaview High School, Suneden Special School, Cove Sports and Community Club, Friends Of Marion Library
I am pleased to say the toilet is finished in Sheidow Park, and approval has been given for the dog park at Reserve St Reserve.
The Friends of Marion Library have worked for years fundraising and holding events. The committee grew smaller as members aged, but we recently welcomed new committee members to keep group alive. Look them up if you’re interested in volunteering.
Councillor Janet Byram
- Visit the Elected Members' page for contact details.
- View the Southern Hills Ward page for more information.