Expression of Interest - 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park (Current location of MCC)
12 September 2018 Update
- Marion Council considered four proposals to build an international-standard hotel at its 11 September Council meeting.
- Council did not select a preferred proponent to move to a full business case as it considered insufficient information was provided to make a recommendation.
- Staff will continue to talk to interested parties about developing an international-standard hotel in the City of Marion.
- The Marion Cultural Centre’s services will be retained.
- The minutes of the meeting will be available on the City of Marion website by 5pm, Friday, 14 September (marion.sa.gov.au)
- The EOI to potentially build a hotel on the site occupied by the Marion Cultural Centre closed on 21 August 2018.
- The EOI was prompted by an unsolicited inquiry
- All facilities at the Marion Cultural Centre, including the art gallery, café, theatre and library continue to operate as normal
- A decision on a hotel development will not occur without consultation
The City of Marion is seeking suitably qualified organisations to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in developing and subsequently operating a hotel facility at 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park.
Ideally situated on one of South Australia’s foremost community precincts, the Oaklands Park site connects with the city, regional centre and cultural heart.
The bold vision for the site will transform it into an innovative mixed-use precinct, focusing on open spaces, recreation, accommodation, commerce, arts, culture and community services.
The City of Marion is open to development opportunities being located within a new building or the existing buildings. It will consider a range of delivery options to enable the successful proponent to develop and operate a hotel together with complementary activities to activate the site in accordance with the vision and project objectives.
Due consideration must be given to the retention or replacement of the community functions of the existing site. Expressions of interest may possibly incorporate the development of Warracowie Way.
Why did the City of Marion seek an Expression of Interest (EOI) for an international standard hotel at 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park (the site of the Marion Cultural Centre)?
Why do we need an International Standard Hotel?
Why 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park?
Why go through an EOI process?
Where can the EOI be found?
Who is the key contact for the EOI?
Who is the Project Manager at the City of Marion?
What will happen to the community facilities located at that site?
Does Council have to proceed with any EOI?
Will community be consulted on any plans for the site?
When will Elected Members see the shortlisted proposals?
What are the next steps once the proposals have been shortlisted?
How can I provide feedback?
What size international standard hotel would be built?
How will car parking be managed?
When will we see something happening on site?
What will happen to the community assets?
Where can I find more information about the project moving forwards?
What are the milestones for the Expression of Interest?
Do you have a query?
For further information about the project, contact:
Unit Manager Economic Development