Darlington upgrade and Flinders link
The Darlington Upgrade Project is another important stage in the delivery of Adelaide’s North-South Corridor and will deliver an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road, including:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and Tonsley Boulevard
- A lowered, non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace and Tonsley Boulevard
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road and most local roads
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to the new motorway and Main South Road
The Flinders Link Project will extend the existing Tonsley rail line to Flinders Medical Centre, creating new connections to the health precinct and Flinders University. The project is expected to be completed by mid-2020.
The project will include:
- A 650 metre extension of the Tonsley rail line linking the Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University to the rail network, including 520 metres of elevated single track over Sturt Road, Laffer’s Triangle and Main South Road
- Removal of the existing Tonsley Station and construction of a new station adjacent to the Flinders Medical Centre; and
- An integrated shared pedestrian/cycle path adjacent the rail line.
Do you have a query?
If you have any queries about the project, please speak to the project team from the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.
- Post a letter to Darlington Upgrade Project, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Reply Paid 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.
Alternatively, you can contact the Flinders Link Project team.
For more information or to provide your thoughts you can:
- Call: 1300 928 345
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: dit.sa.gov.au/FlindersLink
- Visit the project office at the corner of Laffer Drive and Sturt Road, Bedford Park *Please note that access to the site office has recently changed and you now enter from Sturt Road via a left turn into the new Flinders Drive extension and then a left turn into the site compound.
City of Marion contact:
Brett Grimm 8375 6600