Morphettville Park Sports Club (Kellett Reserve)
The $3.7 million upgrade includes demolishing the existing clubrooms and building a larger facility with four change rooms, kitchen, bar, and community function area for up to 200 people.
Building work will be undertaken by South Australian company Sarah Constructions.
The key stages are:
- 8 July 2019 - scheduled permanent closure of Quinn Street from Regan Avenue to Denham Avenue to allow for new clubrooms
- Commence early July 2019 - demolition of clubrooms
- 4th August 2019 - ground breaking ceremony
- October 2019 - commence oval realignment
- March 2020 - projected project completion, in time for football season
The clubrooms will meet AFL standards and include two female changerooms.
The project will create 27 new jobs during construction.
The upgrade is funded by $3.223 million from Council, $500,000 from the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing and $50,000 from SANFL.
View redevelopment here : Time lapse camera
Why is the centre being upgraded?
When will building work begin?
What times will building work be undertaken?
How will construction dust and noise be managed?
How will local roads be affected?
Will the oval be used for games during the 2019 season?
Will the new oval lights need to be relocated?
Will the telecommunication tower be relocated?
Will environmental considerations be included in the design?
Is car parking being addressed?
Is the Oval being realigned?
Will there be a viewing platform?
Contact : Carla Zub 8375 6600