To complement the Oaklands Crossing Project the City of Marion is working on an exciting project for Oaklands that will significantly improve connectivity to Marion Regional Centre. This project has also received Federal Government funding of $867,500 (Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities Building Our Future) through the Smart Cities and Suburbs Program.
The project will achieve multiple benefits including;
• Enhanced streetscapes
• Better pedestrian and cyclist movement
• Creation of a larger public park at Dwyer Road Reserve with new playground and amenities
• Technologies that enhance the local community and visitor experience of the project.
Council have endorsed a capital works program 2019-2022. The following projects have been identified;
Design and community consultation (financial year)
Construction (financial year)
|Dwyer Road Reserve||2018-2019 (complete)||2019-2020 June - Oct 2020|
|Diagonal Way to (Dwyer Rd to Crew St.)||2018-2020 (complete)||2020-2021 June - Oct 2020|
|Diagonal Road (Crew St. to Trott Grove)||2020-2021||2021-2022|
|Addison Avenue (Southern verge Morphett Rd to Ailsa Ave)||2021-2022||2021-2022|
|Murray Tce (Northern verge Morphett Rd to Barry Ave)||2021-2022||2021-2022|
|Railway Tce (Northern verge Diagonal Rd to First Ave)||2020-2021||2020-2021|
|Crozier Tce (Southern verge Dwyer Rd to Kearnes Rd)||2021-2022||2021-2022|
Construction works will commence on the redevelopment of Dwyer Rd Reserve which will include
Plans and illustrations of the redevelopment can be viewed below
The project scope includes the closure of Diagonal Way between No 10 Diagonal Way and Dwyer Rd to create a larger public park. Access to properties on Diagonal Way will be retained.
Diagonal Way north of the residential properties has been closed by the Surveyor General. Government Gazette can be viewed below
The contractor will be working from 7 am – 5 pm weekdays commencing June 2020 with anticipated completion October 2020.
Notice of works can be viewed below
For further information please contact City of Marion Customer Service 08 375 6600 or email email@example.com
We are about to install sensors and electronic signage in the commuter car parks surrounding the railway station.
Our aim is to reduce the impact on residential streets by being able to communicate the availability of commuter parking – both for the off-street car parking and designated station parking.
The sensors will gather data on the availability, occupancy, length of stay, days and times of usage, enabling us to improve our service delivery to local residents.
These works form part of the Oaklands Community Connections project in which Council has invested $5 million for improvements within the surrounding area to Oaklands Crossing.
This project has also received Federal Government funding of $867,500 (Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities Building Our Future).
The contractor will be working from 7 am – 5 pm weekdays for about four weeks starting on 27 April 2020. This complies with the regulations outlined within the Environment Protection Act 1993.
A copy of the letter to residents can be viewed below
Council received a report on 11 February 2020 on the Detailed Designs Dwyer Raod Reserve and Diagonal Way
Oaklands Precinct - Dwyer Road Reserve and Diagonal Way Detail Design
Report Reference: GC200211R04
Moved Councillor- Nathan Prior Seconded Councillor Raelene Telfer
1. Notes the process of community engagement and program of works.
2. Notes the Diagonal Way road closure order has been submitted to the Surveyor General for decision as per council resolution GC1911022R14.
3. Notes detailed design drawings for Stage one (Dwyer Road Reserve) and Stage two (Diagonal Way to Crew Street).
4. Authorises tender and procurement for Stage one Dwyer Road Reserve (east of Diagonal Way) and Stage two Diagonal Way inclusive of road reserve west of Diagonal Way. Stage two works to be awarded subject to road closure gazette and finalisation of Section 270 (Local Government Act 1999) review.
5. Authorise commencement of stage two as per Oaklands Crossing Contributing works GC190326R13 be brought forward to enable award of contract prior to June 2020 subject to road closure gazette and finalisation of Section 270 (Local Government Act 1999) review. This will support smart cities funding acquittal time frames with the Federal Government.