If you’re thinking of brightening up the festive season with a Christmas lights display at your home, here are some tips to help make the experience enjoyable for everyone:
- Talk to your neighbours about what you’re planning.
- Consider the positioning of the lights to reduce impact on neighbouring homes, including windows and private areas.
- Ensure lights are on only when display is in use.
- For those musical objects- check for any noise restrictions that might apply and that they’re switched off during the night.
- Keep all objects away from Council roads, drains, footpaths or verges for the safety of the whole community.
- Take care when installing the display, particularly if you’re putting lights on the roof.
- If you’re renting, remember to speak to your landlord first.
Please ensure light displays adhere to SA Government COVID-19 health directions.
More details are available on the Christmas Lights Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please call Customer Service on 8375 6600 or email email@example.com
We hope you enjoy the festive season.