Work will soon begin on the construction of the new wetland, work includes:
- removal of pest woody weeds, including the willow trees.
- constructing a new private access track into the proposed wetlands,
- removing, stockpiling and re-using nearly 6,000 m3 of sediment. This activity is highly likely to generate odour during the excavation and stockpiling.
- constructing a new sediment removal basin
- installing a Gross Pollutant Trap (to remove litter)
- Laying a new wetland liner
- Top soil placement and re-vegetation
The construction of the wetlands will start mid-January and landscaping will commence in Autumn 2021.
If you require any further information please contact the Project Manager, Glynn Ricketts on 0478 487 473.
For more information on the project please visit Making Marion.