What changes are taking place to the kerbside waste and recycling collection service?
- City of Marion has appointed a new waste and recycling collection contractor, Cleanaway
- There will be no changes to the day that bins are collected, however the time that bins are emptied on collection day is likely to change.
- To ensure bins are emptied, all residents are urged to place them out the evening prior or by 6am on collection day.
- Other minor changes in relation to the new service include different collection vehicles and new contact details to report issues such as missed collections or damaged bins.
The new provider details are as follows: 1800 777 844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When does the change take effect?
- Cleanaway will start collecting waste, recycling and organics bins from 1 May
- The current contract with Solo Resource recovery will end on 30 April
How are ratepayers being kept informed?
- A news article was published in City Limits March 2020 digital issue
- A letter outlining the changes was delivered to all resident and business letterboxes on the 13 - 15 April
- The Customer Service Centre is available to inform any incoming customer queries
- Progressive updates will continue to be published on City of Marion website and social media leading up to 1 May
Why has the collection contractor changed?
- Beginning in 2018 the councils of Adelaide, Charles Sturt, Marion and Port Adelaide Enfield sought to jointly procure waste services and subsequently underwent a tender process
- Cleanaway was selected as the preferred tenderer and has been awarded a contract to collect waste, recycling and organic bins from 168,000 households across the four council areas
- The change in waste arrangements will result in savings across all councils, which can be invested back into community services
- People are advised to check the City of Marion website and social media for updates
How can people find out more?
Contact the City of Marion on 8375 6600 or email email@example.com