Services we offer
A practising painter, I mainly work with acrylic on canvas. Although I paint landscapes, portraits and still life, my main interests are the different shapes and forms as well as the interplay of colours. I use a lot of lines as an art technique. Nature and people inspire me. I love the dramatic effect of vibrant colours. Among other artists, I am very much influenced by Paul Gauguin, Hans Heysen and Albert Namatjira.
Born in Malaysia and migrating to Australia in 1979‚ I began drawing and painting at the age of seven. I won my first art prize at the age of 11.
I am married with two daughters. I also have two grandchildren. I travel interstate and overseas regularly to visit art galleries and observe different natural settings and other people's way of life. I also teach Art, History and Indonesian at Willunga High School SA. I studied Art at the North Adelaide School of Art and studied teaching at the University of Adelaide. In 1997, I completed a Master of Ed Studies at the University of SA, majoring in Ed Psych.
I have sold many artworks throughout Australia. I am an advocate for gay human rights.
My humble achievements include:
- winning two art awards for best landscapes in 1998
- an online finalist in Lethbridge - 2 10‚000 Small Scaled Art Awards 2012 & 2013
- a finalist in Adelaide Cliftons Art Prize 2012 & 2014
- SALA group exhibition 2013 - Brighton Art Show 1989
- Belle art prize 2013/2014
- VAESA Members' exhibition‚ May 2014 (Hagen Arms Hotel Echunga)
- Solo exhibition‚ at Emu Hotel‚ 1st August-31st August‚ 2015 (SALA Festival)