The Urban Activation project assists businesses with infrastructure to support the activation of places, improve community amenity and attract markets/events.
The Urban Activation Project identifies projects in the City of Marion that:
- Enhances collaboration and partnerships for ongoing sustainable business growth
- Creates destinations for visitors and local residents
- Helps small businesses to thrive
- Stimulates the visitor economy
- Encourages evening and night time economy
- Improves physical conditions and safety of place
- Builds community capacity to activate the public realm and create an inclusive sense of place
- Provides the opportunity for community art or commissioned public artworks
- Supports the health of local residents who can walk and cycle to locally accessible cafes, shops and services
- Improves the environment
- Delivers Smart City solutions
- Are innovative by nature.