Services we offer
Enter for a chance to win a prize
Residents and local groups are invited to share photographs and stories about their gardens for a chance to win one of three $100 Bunnings gift vouchers.
There’s also a $50 VISA gift card up for grabs for young gardeners.
Marion’s garden showcase will celebrate the green-thumbed community by shining the spotlight on veggie patches, flower beds, plants and trees.
The entry categories are:
A winner will be randomly drawn from each category.
Adult category winners will receive a $100 Bunnings voucher, and the Young Gardener a $50 VISA gift card.
Fill out the form below by submitting up to 3 photos of your garden and up to 150 words describing what gardening means to you.
Entries must be received by Monday 15 November. The winners will be announced on the City of Marion’s Facebook page on Friday 19 November.
Please review the terms and conditions below.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Employees and the immediate families of the City of Marion are not eligible to enter.
3. Only one entry per address and one garden category per entry is permitted. However, staff reserve the right to change the category of an entry at their discretion.
4. By entering this competition, entrants give permission for their images to be used by the City of Marion for promotional purposes.
5. Entries must be from gardens located within the City of Marion boundaries.
6. An entry form together with a photograph of the garden must be submitted.
7. The winner will be randomly picked in a ‘lucky draw’. To enter the draw, people must submit a valid entry to Marion’s Gardening Showcase.
8. The competition begins at 9 am on Friday 15 October 2021 (South Australia time) and concludes at 5 pm, Monday 15 November 2021.
9. There will be four prizes selected by a lucky draw.
10. The prizes are as follows for each category: Plants in pots ($100 Bunnings voucher), Outdoor Garden ($100 Bunnings voucher), Community Garden ($100 Bunnings voucher) and Young Gardener under 12 ($50 VISA gift card)
11. The winners will be drawn on Friday 19 November and posted on the City of Marion Facebook page on the same day.
13. This competition is a game of chance.
14. The Marketer reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Marketer, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Marketer, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Marketer. The Marketer reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Marketer becomes aware that the winner is of a type described in this clause.
15. If a category winner cannot be contacted by Friday 26 November, the category will be randomly drawn again.
16. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the major prize should they be chosen as a winner. The winner releases the Marketer and other Marketers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of, or in connection with, the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the major prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
17. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Marketer reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
18. In consideration for the Marketer awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner's image and/or voice and/or actions as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner's participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Marketer or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. The winner will be announced publicly on City of Marion’s publications and marketing materials including website, social media and future marketing materials and collateral.
20. If for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Marketer then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Marketer accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. A judge or judges appointed by the Marketer in its sole discretion will judge valid entries. The judge or judges' determination of the winner is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Prize will be deemed to be accepted once contact has been established with the winner and any details deemed necessary in accordance with these terms are verified.
24. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period; it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Marketer. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Marketer.
25. The Marketer's decision in relation to all matters is final and the Marketer will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
27. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Marketer's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Marketer may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
28. The Marketer shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Marketer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
29. The Marketer reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Marketer has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Marketer's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
30. The Marketer and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
31. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Marketer, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Marketer reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
33. The Marketer is City of Marion, (ABN: 37 372 162 294) of 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047.
A big thank you to everyone who submitted an entry in our Garden Showcase 2020.
Congratulations to our Garden Showcase winners from 2020.
Oh the beauty of a garden whether it be the showcase of all the colours flowers bring, the textures different foliage show or the trunks, branches and leaves of trees, is something to behold in my garden.
My garden is not a showpiece but I like it.
When I built my house, all around me was mud-yes MUD, I wanted to plant a bush that not only will give my new place colour but also life. This bush has since reached its lifespan therefore replaced by multiple plants, bushes, some trees and fruit trees.
Gardening reminds me of my Ma who loved bringing home plants and my Pa (he's 97) who has such beautifully cared-for flowering potted plants and a vegetable garden.
Whether relaxing after a tough day or merely checking out what new life, bud or flower is in bloom my garden always delivers.
Gardening is good for my soul and body.
I love helping my mum in the garden, I find all the caterpillars on the plants and move them so the veggies don't get eaten. I like picking leaves to eat, we have lots of good ones and it helps me to be healthy. I love spotting the butterflies, the monarch butterfly is my favourite.
I go into the garden everyday and count how many tomatoes and zucchini we have. There are some small pumpkins there now too. Its exciting to see everything growing and I can't wait to try the veggies. I like looking for ladybirds on the plants but I'm scared of the bees but i know they are good for the plants.
A sustainable orchard and community garden situated on Oliphant Avenue, Marion for the whole community to enjoy.
Stay informed about environmental initiatives in and around Marion and sign up to the Green Thymes eNewsletter.View page
Get outside and connect with local heroes to protect and restore native vegetation. Play a part in the wider conservation quest to bring back native plants, animals and ‘wild’ places for people to experience for generations to come.View page