To ensure all SRFs are maintained in accordance with the current standards, the Environmental Health Team administers and enforces the relevant provisions of the following legislation:
- Supported Residential Facilities Act 1992
- Supported Residential Facilities Regulations 2009
- Food Act 2001
- Food Regulations 2002
- South Australian Public Health Act 2011
The following principles must be followed in relation to the management and administration of supported residential facilities:
- Residents are entitled to high quality care, to their choice of medical practitioner, and to have an informed choice in the provision of care.
- Residents are entitled to receive reasonable levels of nutrition, comfort and shelter in a home-like environment.
- Services should be provided in a safe physical environment.
- Residents are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect and afforded reasonable degrees of privacy.
- Residents are entitled to independence and freedom of choice.
- Residents are entitled to manage their own affairs.
- Residents are entitled to freedom to comment about the provision of accommodation or personal care services.
Any concerns regarding the management of a supported residential facility or about the conduct of a resident of a supported residential facility can be made by contacting:
City of Marion
Environmental Health Team
In person: 245 Sturt Road, Sturt SA 5047
Post: PO Box 21, Oaklands Park SA 5046