Things to do
Get into nature and discover the fun things you can do at Oaklands Reserve, including:
- make a magic wand with plants or mix a magic potion
- follow the DIY orienteering course
- touch and learn about native animals with Animals Anonymous
- take a photo with life sized butterfly wings and find out how to attract butterflies to your garden
- discover what nature sounds like? smells like? tastes like?
- get your hands dirty and play with clay
- discover nature based phone apps
- take a tour of the wetlands
- join a bird watching tour
- climb, balance, jump on our new nature play playground
Please book your free ticket so we know how many people to expect.
Tour/talk schedule will be released in the week prior to the event. Bookings for talks/tours can be made on the day at the event.
Parking on The Parade West. If carparks are full consider using Minchinbury Tce, The Parade or Bombay St and walk in.
Better still.... hop on your bike or walk along the Sturt River Linear trail to get there
Accessible toilets are 50m away.
Food and Water
Bring your own picnic lunch and snacks, water bottle and picnic rug/chairs (no food will be available at this event).
Refill water station will be available.
This event is part of the Valuing Marion's Nature program delivered by the City of Marion.
A great way to keep fit and enjoy the great outdoors. Enjoy the benefits of fresh air, good company and great conversation.
T Come and Try a POWER CLASS – come to one or all three! Power and Balance class
With Christmas fast approaching what a great opportunity to make a beaded bracelet or necklace that you can gift for that someone special.