Things to do
There will be free craft activities for children. The Edwardstown Lions Club will be serving a free sausage sizzle and refreshments will be available.
The Glandore Community Garden will be offering plants for sale.
Local community radio station CoastFM will broadcast live from the event.
Mayor Kris Hanna and Member for Boothby Nicolle Flint MP will unveil a plaque at 11am.
On the day there will be Free craft activities for children including:
• making a clay bird and feather bird wand
The $520,000 upgrade includes:
• a playground with a pump track for teenagers, a swing, trampoline, timber platform with climbing elements, birdcage play structure with slide
• junior playground with birdhouse play structure, slide and climbing rope
• games and sports plaza with a 3-on-3 basketball court, table tennis facilities and lawn area with mini soccer pitch
• 13 birdhouses built by the centre’s Woodwork Hobby Group and painted by community groups
• paths, seating and a drink fountain have been installed
• landscaping and 13 new trees planted
• a new extensive irrigation system
Funding comprises $385,000 from Marion Council, $100,000 from the Australian Government, $20,000 from the Non-Resident Nepali Association
and $15,000 from ArtsSA.
The opening is being arranged in accordance with COVID-safe practices.
Please follow the latest government health guidelines, including physical distancing and appropriate hygiene.
Hand sanitiser will be available.
Please do not attend if you are unwell.
Join Robert Horne as he shares his important novel about friendship, aboriginal culture, frontier violence and the meaning of the law.
Book Busters - A book club for young children
Join us for our new after-school program Creative Kids Club!