Venues and facilities
KEEPING YOU SAFE – COVID-19
Due to the health restrictions announced recently swimming pools must adhere to social distancing of 1 person per 2 square metres. Recreation sessions, Aqua Aerobics, Swimming Lessons, Lap Swimming and Birthday Parties are allowed. Bookings online prior to arrival required, do not attend more than 10 minutes prior to session. Please scan the QR code upon arrival.
We will continue to review and update arrangements as COVID-19 directions permit.
Like all pools across Australia, we are changing the way we operate in line with State Government health guidelines.
● To meet State Government directions for physical distancing and maximise opportunities for visitors general admission is not currently available.
● Activity sessions are being scheduled for the time being – this will continue to be reviewed.
● We are working with a number of other pools to ensure consistent safety measures
● Visitors must follow COVID-19 health guidelines
● Measures aim to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the pool safely.
What this means for visitors:
● Everyone is encouraged to book online before arriving for all activities, including water slides, lap swimming, swim school, birthday parties, aqua aerobics
● Online booking is encouraged to secure preferred sessions
● People without internet access can book by calling the pool on 8375 6868
● Staff will clean equipment regularly
● Capacity limits apply to enable physical distancing
● Time limits for equipment use and structured activities
● Modified opening times
● Contact tracing
● Barbecue facilities are currently unavailable
● Visitors can bring picnics and the kiosk will serve food, soft drinks, tea and coffee
● Scan QR code prior to entering the facility. Please visit the State Government website to download the required app.
Our 50m, eight-lane, heated Olympic Pool offers plenty of place to cool off as well as a top class training venue for the serious competition or lap swimmer.
Our two smaller pools are heated, fully shaded and offer a sun-safe respite for younger children and toddlers. The toddler pool has a max depth of 40cm so that your children can enjoy their first experiences of water. The middle pool is 60-90cm deep for learners to help to increase their confidence.
A fully stocked kiosk offers a wide range of hot and cold food and drinks at competitive prices.
Please note: In line with SA Health suggestions regarding COVID-19, we will only accept payment using tap-and-go or eftpos. We are not accepting cash payments at this time.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our barbeque facilities are not currently available for use.
A lift system gives patrons with physical disabilities the chance to enjoy a cooling dip in the Olympic Pool. Disabled access to change rooms and toilet facilities means all users can enjoy the Marion Outdoor Pool.
Lockers can be hired for a small charge and patrons have free use of clean, well maintained change rooms wit hot and cold showers.
Access to Marion Outdoor Pool is easy - with 155 car-parking spaces and parking for buses and motorbikes. Bike racks have also been conveniently installed near the entrance to the pool.
The entire centre is a smoke free area
Consumption of alcohol is not permitted
Children under ten years must be accompanied by an adult
Children under five years must be accompanied in the water by an adult
Patrons must adhere to the MOP COVID-19 Safe plan and follow directions of the COVID-19 Marshal on site.