Competition Terms and Conditions
Click below to expand the terms and conditions for current competitions.
To enter this competition, entrants must like or follow the Mitchell Park Sports and Community Facebook page and comment with who the entrant would like to take with them to the Mitchell Park Sports & Community Centre Bistro.
To enter this competition, entrants must like the Facebook or Instagram post and comment with who the entrant would like to take with them to the Marion Outdoor Pool. Entrants must also follow the City of Marion on the relevant platform that they are commenting on (Facebook or Instagram).
1. These Terms and Conditions form part of the terms of entry and terms of voting for the City of Marion Garden Showcase 2022. Submitting an entry or voting is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entries must be from gardens located within the City of Marion boundaries.
3. Only one entry per address and one garden category per entry is permitted. Staff reserve the right to change the category of an entry at their discretion.
4. Employees and the immediate families of the City of Marion are not eligible to enter.
5. Entries into the Young Gardener (under 12) category must be by, or on behalf of, a child that is under 12 years of age.
6. Entries for the Gardening Together category must be for shared gardens that are tended to by members of more than one household.
7. By entering the Marion Garden Showcase, entrants give permission for their images to be used by the City of Marion for promotional purposes.
8. An entry form together with photographs of the garden must be submitted for the entry to be valid.
9. If there is a high number of entries for a given category, City of Marion staff from the Environmental Sustainability Team will select a shortlist of between 3 and 8 entries per category for community voting. These entries will be judged against the criteria outlined in the category description on the City of Marion website.
10. A winner will be selected by from each category based on receiving the highest number of community votes via the City of Marion website.
11. The Marion Garden Showcase is open for entries from 10 am on 10 October 2022 and until midnight 6 November 2022 (South Australia time.)
12. The voting period for the Marion Garden Showcase is 9 am 10 November to midnight 27 November 2022.
13. Voting is limited to one vote per person per category.
14. Individuals that vote on one or more categories can go in the draw to win a $50 VISA gift card. This prize will be randomly drawn during the week starting 28 November 2022. If the person cannot be contacted by Monday 5 December 2022, the prize will be redrawn.
15. The winners of the Marion Garden Showcase will have the choice of a $100 State Flora voucher or a $100 Bunnings voucher. The winner of the Young Gardener (under 12) category will receive a $50 VISA gift card. Winners will also be invited to take part in a professional photo shoot of their garden.
16. The winners of the Marion Garden Showcase 2022 will be contacted during the week starting 28 November. The winners will be announced on the City of Marion Facebook page and website in the week starting 28 November.
17. Winners that wish to take up the offer of a professional photo shoot of their garden must make themselves available between 1 December and 21 December 2022 at a time negotiated with the photographer.
19. City of Marion reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which includes objectionable content, is misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of Council.
20. If a winner cannot be contacted by Monday 5 December 2022, the entrant with the second highest number of votes for that category will receive the prize.
21. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period; it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the City of Marion. A request to modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
22. The City of Marion’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition result.
WIN a double pass to the MCC 21st Birthday party and a $30 MCC voucher!
This competition is now closed