Services we offer
It's easy to recycle your food waste by using a kitchen caddy to collect your food scraps and then putting them in the green bin. This is great for our environment and economy.
Each City of Marion residence is entitled to 150 (two rolls of 75) free compostable bags per financial year.
You can collect compostable bags from one of the Council venues listed below or request delivery to your home.
For home delivery, please fill in the Compostable Bag Delivery Request Form and allow up to 10 working days for delivery once you have completed this form.
Alternatively, your free compostable bags are available for collection from any one of the following council facilities:
- Administration Centre, 245 Sturt Road, Sturt
- City Services, 935 Marion Road, Mitchell Park
- Cove Civic Centre Library, 1 Ragamuffin Drive, Hallett Cove
- Marion Cultural Centre Library, 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park
- Park Holme Library, 1 Duncan Avenue, Park Holme
- Glandore Community Centre, 25 Naldera Street, Glandore
- Mitchell Park Sports and Community Centre, 187 Bradley Grove, Mitchell Park
- Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre, 34 Hessing Crescent, Trott Park
Please bring proof of residence when collecting your free replacement rolls of kitchen caddy bags.
It's easy to keep your green bin free from odours and pests, even in the summer heat!
Home composting is the most environmentally sustainable method of recycling food and garden waste into nutrient-rich compost for putting back into the soil.
Visit our composting and worm farming webpage for more information relating to food waste.
Even better than diverting your food scraps from landfill is reducing your food wastage. Visit the Foodbank website for tips on wasting less food.