Things to do
Council has completed the final concept plans for the $217,000 upgrade of McConnell Avenue Reserve East.
We have incorporated community feedback received during a recent consultation and over many years into the final designs. Work is scheduled to start in August this year.
The concept design can be viewed in the flyer and includes:
• A single tennis court and separate basketball and netball ring.
• Loop path for scooter and bike riding.
• Irrigated flat lawn area for community picnics, junior kickabout and passive recreational activities.
• Additional native plantings to attract wildlife.
• A drink fountain and bike repair station will be added.
• Additional seating.
• Retention of appropriate native plants and trees and mulching their surroundings.
• New irrigation will be installed and the existing lawn area will be re seeded.
This follows resident consultation which occurred from 12 November to 11 December 2020.