Things to do
The eastern portion of the reserve is temporarily closed for the construction of courts and open space upgrade from late august to mid-November 2021. This temporary closure will enable construction works to occur as part of the eastern portion reserve upgrade.
For public safety, access is being suspended to this part of the reserve during this time as work will involve a range of heavy equipment. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.
Council has completed the final concept plans for the $217,000 upgrade of McConnell Avenue Reserve East.
We have incorporated community feedback received during a recent consultation and over many years into the final designs. Work is scheduled to start in August this year.
The final concept design is available below. Upgrade features include:
• A single tennis court and separate basketball and netball ring.
• Loop path for scooter and bike riding.
• Irrigated flat lawn area for community picnics, junior kickabout and passive recreational activities.
• Additional native plantings to attract wildlife.
• A drink fountain and bike repair station will be added.
• Additional seating.
• Retention of appropriate native plants and trees and mulching their surroundings.
• New irrigation will be installed and the existing lawn area will be re seeded.
This follows resident consultation which occurred from 12 November to 11 December 2020.