Things to do
Council completed the $217,000 upgrade of McConnell Avenue Reserve East in November 2021. The reserve boasts stunning coastal views along with new sports drawcards.
The new look site features the following elements:
• A single tennis court and separate basketball and netball ring.
• Loop path for scooter and bike riding.
• Junior kickabout and passive recreational activities.
• Additional native plantings to attract wildlife.
• A bike repair station and
• Irrigated flat lawn area for community picnics.
Other amenities include a new barbeque, and drinking fountain. Native plants and trees have been retained with mulched surroundings. New irrigation has been installed and the existing lawn area has been re seeded.
This follows resident consultation which occurred from 12 November to 11 December 2020.